During a reflexology massage the therapist will apply acupressure and various massage techniques to certain zones of the ears, hands and feet.
Often the reflexology massage therapist will use tools such as: reflexology gloves - to massage the palms; reflexology mats - for use in meditation and yoga; reflexology socks - a reflexology foot chart printed on a sock; and also for reflexology kits.
The major benefits of a reflexology massage are:
• 1. Reflexology massage can relieve pain and stiffness caused by too much exercising;
• 2. It can help prevent and cure many symptoms like for example: a headache, back pain, stress and migraine, but also: infertility, arthritis, asthma, constipation, and sinusitis;
• 3. The blood circulation system will be boosted;
• 4. A reflexology massage stimulates rebalance the body functions into its homeostasis.
In general the benefits of reflexology massage will manifest through: improved circulation, detoxification, reduced body tension and the body's natural ability to heal itself.
Nevertheless, there are a few restrictions to consider:
• 1. The massage must be done with great accuracy to avoid wrong reflection (!) - which might cause muscle infection.
• 2. One should not start a reflexology massage until at least one hour after a meal.
• 3. After receiving a massage treatment, one is required to drink water to eliminate toxin and lactic acids developed during the massage process.
• 4. Pregnant women, menstruating women and people who are bleeding either internally and externally are NOT adviced to receive reflexology massages.
• 5. Both the therapist and client are prohibited from washing hair, hands, feet or taking a bath within one hour of foot reflexology massage - the effect of coldness might make the body more vulneralbe.
• 6. A foot reflexology massage can be given every day, however the duration of the whole sension should not exceed 45 minutes in a day.
Reflexology massage techniques:
Reflexology indian head massage | holistic massage and reflexology | Massage reflexology courses | Swedish massage & shiatsu massage are popular in Spa centers | Deep tissue massage is an alternative method used by reflexology practitioners | A reflexologist may use acupressure massage | Reflexology hand massage & foot massage by a massage therapist.
Massage & reflexology institutes:
Archways healing college of reflexology and massage | Reflexology massage london and elsewhere in the UK | Seattle reflexology and massage center | Reflexology massage schools in the USA | Therapeutic massage and aromatherapy | College of reflexology and massage | School of holistic massage & reflexology.